Thursday, April 12, 2012

Last Summer Vacation





Last summer, I traveled to turkey with my family and spent 10 days in
Istanbul. This was the first time for me to visit turkey. We stayed in Hotel Marmara it is in the middle of the city. In the first few days, the weather was nice and rainy and I really enjoyed standing outside when there was rain.


I visited several
old museums and places. For example, I went to Hagia Sophia it is a famous museum where it was converted from a church to a mosque and then finally to a museum. I was astonished with the design of Hagia Sophia. It included different designs and textiles such as calligraphy, arabesque and sacred geometry. The interior design of Hagia Sophia was decorated with mosaic, marble pillars and coverings.
Here are some photos of Hagia Sophia:




I also visited other musuems such as
Topkapi Palace museum. This palace t was the primary residence of the Ottoman Sultans.The palace included many traditional things and it also included some of the gifts granted to the Sultans. Unfortunately we were not allowed to take pictures.


This is a photo of the
museum:



1 comment:

  1. Turkey is very nice place to visit, I wish if I visit it one

    ReplyDelete